Saturday 9 May 2009

Black Star: VIC




I was watching, Soulja Boy's Sweet Sixteen, or Sweet Eighteen or Sweet Whatever on MTV -when I had one of those -'they originated from Ghana moment'. You know? Those moments when you look at an African -American brother or sister and know (deep down in your soul) that they, 'could-only-be-from' from Ghana. And I had one of those moments whilst watching Soulja Boy and his people -celebrating his birthday -and one of those boys was Victor Grimmy Owusu, better known by his stage name V.I.C (I guess I was partly right...hehe). He is a rap artist -notable for his 2008 single, "Get Silly", with Soulja Boy (who produced the song. It reached number 25 of the Rhythmic Top 40 chart and number 29 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in June of that year). V.I.C. was born Victor Owusu in 1987 in Queens, New York to a native New York mother and a Ghanaian father (although they now reside in Atlanta, Georgia). Go and check out his debut album, 'Beast' (released on August 26, 2008) it is HOT at: www.vicgetsilly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment