Wednesday 25 April 2012

What are Men of God doing for the poor in Ghana?

“He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses.” Proverbs 28:27
“He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honours God.” Proverbs 13:31

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:40

“Whoever has pity on the poor lends to the LORD, and he will repay him for his good deed.” Proverbs 19: 17

John 17:17 “Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.” Unless someone is speaking the word correctly they are not teaching the truth and it doesn’t matter if they call themselves anointed, or how big or successful a ministry they have, they are WRONG… letusreason.org

Paulina says: A couple of years ago I was pursued by a young man who had decided that I was his intended… He works in the medical field, doing a similar job to what my father used to do -but he really wasn’t my type… Not only did he go on and on about very, very, very, rich relative of his (so unattractive and crass) and how excellent his family is yadda, yadda, yadda… but unfortunately for him -he was one of those men that collects the offerings (and counts them) at church -and the thing is, -I don’t find men of God -attractive… -Yep you read that right, -I don’t find men of God -attractive!!!…

Its not that I have a problem with them being ‘Men of God’ -I truly believe a handsome, educated -spirit filled man is every ladies dream -no?? -Its only --I’ve never meet a ‘Man of God’ that was …really doing Gods work…

I’ve never met a Ghanaian pastor or any other ‘black’ pastor for that matter -who has opened his precious church -to the troubled/destitute/poor/lacking/unsaved in their communities etc -honestly, I have only ever seen them preaching to the converted..

How many black pastors do you know -have an open door policy -for the hurting? Most keep their doors shut when not in use for church services -and not even their own congregation -can pop in and take shelter from lives troubles….
I’ve yet to meet a Ghanaian pastor that’s sheltering the homeless or feeding the poor in Ghana -have you?

Have you met a Ghanaian pastor who opens his church to the OAPs? No nor have I.. But I know of numerous white churches that have mother and baby mornings -where mothers can get together -break bread and let their children play. OAPs afternoons -where the elderly are collected from their homes and taken to the church for refreshments and a sing-song etc. I know of many white churches that open their door to local schools every Wednesday after school -for the children to sing, eat, play and learn about Christ Lord Jesus -whilst their mothers (parents) -relax and chill out at the back of the hall -with tea and cakes etc -and I know this because my Jojo and I go to one such event.

I know of white churches that have dedicated at least one night of the week -to the youth of their community; -offering them an ear and some advice/kindness, refreshments and teaching them about the Living Christ.. And that’s why God continues to Bless -white churches….

I have yet to meet a Ghanaian pastor who’s discerning enough to open his church doors to the youth at least a couple of times a week, even though black youths in UK and beyond -are facing daily discrimination …

In short I have never been to a black church that’s doing anything -outside of church services for its congregation or community -and we all know that most black churches are in some of the most deprived neighbourhoods in the world…

I received a deep revelation once from God whilst pondering and praying about the poverty and corruption in Ghana/Africa -and it was soooo simple.. I’ll try and convey it as simply as possible…

When there’s peace, transparency and spirit filled men of God in Ghana/Africa -things will change -Amen.. When real men of God start to behave as men of God, -the government of Ghana/Africa wouldn’t be able to do nothing but behave its self. When there’s transparency in the churches of Ghana/Africa -there will be transparency in the government -and in the land. When men of God stop robbing and looting their offerings -the government of Ghana will do the same… There’s no way churches can behave themselves and the government -continue to misbehave -its just not possible -the truth is, change in Ghana and Africa will/can only happen when the church gets its house-in-order… it blew my mind..

I also learnt that the pastors of Ghana (and Africa for that matter) are very powerful and if they start to really listen, obey and put their trust in God -Ghana/Africa would be a better place, and the changes will BUBBLE-UP, causing and effecting everything in its sight -Amen, and we [Ghana/Africa] will see that God -lives -that he hasn't died; that he is the same yesterday, today, and forever -Amen…

I love God the Father, The Son Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit -and my prayers (every day) is that -I may know him in a true and pure way, that I may serve him in truth and love -with real sincerity…so I don’t want to judge but I have also been given the spirit of discernment and can tell right from wrong…

I don’t begrudge any ‘man of God’ from prospering if he has made his money from writing books -say, or some other creative means. I would love to see a man of God enjoy the fruits-of-their-labour if he made his money outside of the church, -but I’m repulsed by those pastors who have and continue to prosper from the offering bowl.

The offering bowl and its contents is for the storeroom of the church, for times when there’s a drought -for feeding the Levi’s -for feeding the poor and doing God’s work etc…

I would be quiet happy every Sunday at church to be told -say…last Sunday we received £10’000. We used £1,000 to pay our mortgage/rent. I used £1’000 to pay our water rates/electricity/stationary etc. We paid our pastor £1’000 and give a £1’000 each to Mrs A (to start her own business) and Mr Z (to stop him from being evicted from his home) -and the rest -we banked… I would be very happy with this.. Also, can you imagine if every quarter -some of these rich black churches could give a few of their ‘able and qualified’ congregation some money to start up their own businesses???

Can you imagine churches in Ghana paying -their poorer congregations’ school fees? Nor can I.. Can you image the changes to Ghana if -churches started including spaces that are solely built for housing its community’s homeless or churches building -children’s’ homes or schools for that matter??

The thing is…. I’m not impressed with the following list taken from, ’Daily Guide Ghana’…its lists Ghana’s richest pastors … I would have been more impressed if they listed books written by said pastors or what each of them is doing for their own congregation and their poor communities… In short I can only think of one pastor in Ghana whom I feel is doing something for his community -and this is very sad…

I think its time to also acknowledge those special women who seek out pastors -like some other special women seek out footballers. It’s a known fact -there are some serious ermmm how do I describe them… ’women’ who have sold parts of themselves in return for riches and they hunt down pastors because they are birds of a feather -and feed on church offerings like vultures -and this is sooo sad… These funky pastors wives don’t give a darn about their poor congregation -and are stopping ’God’s work from being done…

Bear in mind, -God can use anyone. Thus not all those pastors belong to God. Also whether they do God’s work or not, lead by his Spirit or not ..remember, -if we don’t praise God -he can cause rocks/stones to do so… …

“If we chose not to praise God, or if we fail in our attempts to serve God, God would not cease to be God. God doesn’t need us to be His servants, and He doesn’t need us to praise Him. He doesn’t need anything. But if God needed servants or needed praises, He could raise servants and worshippers out of the rocks. The lifeless rocks.”
http://annaruthcampbell.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/stones.html

I’ve noticed also, -that many of these Men of God are no longer teaching about Salvation or Reverence -but instead are teaching -only about ’prosperity’ (basically feeding their poor congregation what they want to hear). So many pastors have disposed of, “seek God and all else shall be added unto you” -and have instead but instead gone straight to the added part, preaching also about tithes and what God would give you back -when you tithe etc etc -and this is wrong.
Whilst I think its important to maintain the church, thus I believe in the giving of 10% -I feel that many of us have been miss educated by men of God.. So we now have churches filled with people who believe that God is a bank manger -there only to answer the monetary needs… I agree with the following:

“It is the word of God that we use to Judge someone’s teaching and that is not My personal judgment, but God’s, so by obeying this we are doing EXACTLY what Jesus said, to JUDGE righteously. John 7:24 Jesus said: “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment”, so we see Jesus did tell us to judge. Also if one examines Mt.7:1-5 in context they find that Jesus says if you have removed the same stumbling block from your eye and can clearly then go ahead and help your brother. 2nd it appears many have listened to men more than God, for the Bible scriptures that they are quoting need to read it in context. It is the self appointed leaders have trained people to think this way and by calling themselves anointed, they have made their followers go after people who say anything about them for their protection. The problem is evident; they can only quote a few certain verses that tell people not say anything about anyone.

Peter, Paul and John did a lot of judging the Biblical way. Every second epistle written is a judgment on false teaching explaining the truth by refuting the error. In 2 Timothy 2:17 he warns of the heresies of two men by name. Later in the same epistle (4:10), Paul judges by warning them about a man named Demas. Paul did a lot of judging and evaluating when it came to false teachers. Remember this is inspired by the Holy Spirit; therefore we have a mandate to judge false doctrine. In the epistle to the Hebrews 5:14 tells us that mature believers, those who are of “full age,” are those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern (judge) both good and evil.” It takes time to learn and grow in discernment; it is those who are babes, immature hold the position that we can’t judge. Think about it.

We are not to sit idly by when we see personal spiritual revelations change God’s Word. If men and women cannot hold to the core doctrines and instead make up new revelations or interpret the Scripture from their dreams, visions, visitations from angels or saints we are to point out this is unbiblical teaching. This is what the Bible says, “holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict” (Titus 1:9). It's not opinion, its not chasing down a certain person because of any dislike, its a Bible doctrine that we are to practice. Those who see the error are to remove themselves from those who teach it. “Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them” (Rom 16:17). If you say you love the Lord lets see it by obeying Him on this matter.” http://www.letusreason.org/Pent47.htm

Still…. Its important to remember that some pastors are genuine and belong to God and he regards them as his own, thus -we must be careful not to touch his “anointed, and do my prophets no harm” -least we evoke his wrath; so the best thing too do -is pray for all Men and women of God, -that they shall truly know God and do his will…

**As for that man of God who was hunting me down -he still believes I’m his intended ---but really?? The idea of being with someone who collects money in church -when I don’t see it being used for the congregation -is just soo unattractive, -plus, I have this thing …..where I never want use (knowingly or unknowingly) -money that’s for the poor, or a country, or charity -for my own gains…thus I don’t find politicians, pastors or heads of Charities -unattractive.. -I guess its because I’ve yet to met any man in the aforementioned industries -who’s really doing what they’re supposed to -helping the needy, -plus I fear God and I’m working out my Salvation with fear and trembling -Amen..

The following text is taken from ’Daily Guide Ghana’ ….and it’s a real eye opener..

Ghana’s Richest Pastors

Bishop Charles Agyin Asare and Archbishop Nicholas Duncan-Williams


Rev. Sam Nii Korankye Ankrah


Ghana is a predominantly Christian country with several churches and pastors who are perceived to be generally rich, with some of them living affluent lifestyles. While many have questioned these pastors over their source of income, the general response has been that they do not dip their hands into church coffers. Though they are not as affluent as their Nigerian counterparts, NEWS-ONE takes a peep into the wealthy lifestyles of some of the leading pastors in Ghana and try to compare which of them may be the wealthiest.


Sam Korankye Ankrah
Apostle General of the Royal House Chapel, Rev. Sam Nii Korankye Ankrah heads a thriving charismatic church that has its headquarters in Accra and a network of branches in many countries. The headquarters holds three services on Sundays, with each having close to 10,000 people in attendance. His children school abroad and he lives in a palace-like mansion at Sakaman Estates in Accra.

Among his fleet of cars NEWS-ONE has sighted include a Cadillac 4×4, a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, a Toyota Land Cruiser V8 and a Mercedes Benz ML.

He is on record to have explained his source of wealth as this: “We are blessed and we cannot deny that. The blessing does not only come by means of money but it comes through people that follow us. For example, I have a club in my church called the Kings Club. It is made up of very high-profile people who are doing something in society. Now every month, I pray with them and let them know that God has placed them in their positions so that they can serve people and serve mankind and so on.

Say I have 500 people in the club and it is Christmas or my birthday or my wedding anniversary, by Ghanaian customs and traditions where we honor our fathers, how much do you expect these people to give me? I will not lie to you; say to the whole world that I say that by our position as men of God, we definitely attract blessings of which includes money, but for me it is the following and the people which is more important and the more we serve them, the more they show us kindness at the least opportunity. It is not calculated and intentional; we do not work out these things. It is simply traditional, cultural and humane.”


Ebenezer Adarkwa Yiadom
Prophet Ebenezer Adarkwa Opambour Yiadom is the leader of the Ebenezer Miracle Worship Center in Kumasi. He is on record to have the largest church building and largest congregation in the Ashanti Region, Ghana’s most populated region.

His church auditorium takes a capacity of 18,000 and gets filled on Sundays, with people standing outside. The church also has branches in Sunyani, Accra, Tema, Takoradi and other parts of the country.


Rev. Sam Nii Korankye Ankrah
Opambour is the owner of Radio Mercury, a Kumasi-based private radio station and he would launch his private television station by the end of this year. He has also built a hundred-building estate which he has christened Island City.

In 2008, Opambour spoke of his wealth and denied that he charged money before he prayed for people: “I have never done that before. It is never true. On Tuesdays I do counseling for free and I do not charge anybody. I will use your medium to challenge anybody that has ever given me money for consultation to come out and speak. On Wednesdays, we have another church service, during which offerings are paid just like any other church. We start from GH¢50 upwards. It is not compulsory and only for those who can afford.

“What happens is that we pray for all those who give offerings and I invite them to my house for counseling, after which I give each of them a bottle of anointing oil and give them divine directions on how to use them. We also give the oil to anybody who pays offering; even if it is GH¢1. I rather give money to my church members. It is true I have good cars because you do not expect me to walk on foot to do God’s work, so as for cars I have got a lot of them; and very good ones of course. No one gets a good car and says he does not like it. I do not have a Hummer; I have never owned one. I have two Chryslers, about two of the latest models and other different types of good cars. It is also true I own a radio station.

“I bought Radio Mercury in Kumasi to do God’s work; I bought the station, the entire building and the land on which the building is situated and paid cash for it. So I am not rich but very blessed by God and I do not lack any good thing. Mind you, I use my blessings to help those who do not have.”


Dag Heward-Mills
Bishop Dag Heward-Mills is the overseer of the fast-growing church in Ghana, Lighthouse Chapel International, which has over 1,000 branches and is on every continent. Its headquarters in Ghana, the Qodesh, is undoubtedly the largest church building in Ghana.

Heward-Mills has written close to a hundred Christian books which serve as teaching and learning materials for his congregation worldwide. His source of wealth has been linked to his books but if we should go by the theory that pastors are paid through tithes, the congregation of his church alone should give a clue as to what lands in his bank account monthly.


Duncan-Williams
Archbishop Nicholas Duncan-Williams is known in many parts of the world as the “Apostle of Strategic Prayer.” He is the General Overseer of Christian Action faith Ministries, with over 100 affiliate and branch churches located in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa.

It is not for a joke that a private bank decided to open a branch on the premises of Duncan Williams’ church. Indeed, the bank operates on Sundays to take care of church proceeds.

Papa Duncan has not hidden his good taste for affluence which can easily be noticed from his talk-of-the-town designer suits and flashy fleet of cars.


Agyin Asare
Bishop Charles Agyin Asare is the founder and presiding bishop of the Word Miracle Church International and his source of wealth has been linked to proceeds from the sale of his books. His church has some 300 plus branches in Ghana and other countries

http://www.dailyguideghana.com/?p=28929#comment-13298
Source:

2 comments:

  1. Don't be fooled THIS IS EVIL MONEY even if they give it to the poors BELIEVE ME you will not do a lot of things with it; That's why they can only buy expensive things; THE JUJU IS NOT FAR AWAY. WHEN YOU WANT TO HELP PEOPLE YOU CAN'T AFFORD THIS KIND OF LIFE STYLE AND THEY KNOW IT. They are just believers leechees sent by SATAN himself;GOD BLESS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT IS NOT IN GHANA ALONE BUT HERE IN THE USA THAT THESE SO CALLED MEN OF GOD AND EVANGELISTS JUST AS OUR GOVERNMENT ARE ALL SELFSERVING AND FORGET THAT GREED AND GLUTTONY ARE TWO OF THE DEADLY SINS. CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME ONLY MEANS TO LOOK TO THOSE WHO ARE IN NEED AND DO NOT DENY THEM YOUR EXCESSES. SHARED WEALTH FLOURISHES AND UNSHARED WEALTH DIMINISHES. THE GODSEND-FOUNDATION.COM IS BEGINNING ANEW AS ITS PAST ANONYMOUS EFFORTS HAVE HELPED MANY BUT THE GOOD PEOPLE HAVING SEEN THE CORRUPTION IN THE WORLD HAVE GROWN TIRED OF HELPING ONLY TO FEEL BETRAYED. I PRAY WITH THEM THAT WE MAY SOON SEE THAT OFFERINGS ARE FOR THE POOR AND NOT TO BE THROWN IN OUR FACES BY SELF IMPORTANT SLOBS. GOD BLESSED ALL WHO DOES HIS WORK AND THE DIRT UPON THEIR HANDS WAS EARNED THRU HIS GRACE. AMEN R.LLOYD JONES

    ReplyDelete