Thursday 3 May 2012

Ghana Rising Hearts Michelle Konadu










“[No 4] Stealing my boyfriends clothes- He hates that I borrow his clothes but I love his clothes! I used to go to men’s section in stores like the GAP and H&M and buy men’s clothes when I liked the fit, but its easier to just steal his. The red Plaid shirt (H&M) I'm wearing in the picture is actually his.”
Michelle Konadu




“One of the many things that I hold dear to my heart is culture (I'm from Ghana West Africa), which is why one of the things I feel strongly about is Africa and changing peoples thoughts and opinions of the continent. A while back I created Theafropolitan.tumblr.com as a place where we recognized the good things about Africa, I wanted to provide a place where you can learn all about the great things Africa has to offer and great African people who are making great strides in the world, especially African youth…. So all in all the thing I feel most strongly about is changing the way people around the world (especially in the western world) Views Africa and its people.” Michelle Konadu


*Paulina Opoku-Gyimah says: There’s a lovely all knowing quality preppy-ness about Michelle Konadu’s style and I‘m a fan. She has a real understanding of textures, quality materials and layering that makes her blog a stylish joy to behold..

Whether she’s sporting natural hair or not, out-and-about or home, in a one off Nakimuli dress; or dressed in a crisp white shirt, classic black blazer, navy pants, Gucci loafers -and carrying an Aldo bag, -or kitted out in a fab vintage denim shirt and nude mini skirt combo, -Michelle Konadu’s style is on point and graceful.

You can check out her Shelly a la Mode Blog via: http://www.shellyalamode.com/
http://www.theafropolitan.tumblr.com/

**Credit: Photographs are courtesy of Michelle Konadu

No comments:

Post a Comment