Monday 11 November 2013

Ghana Rising Hearts: Aba Bentuma's Pastiche Tumblr.........








"Pastiche: Blogging is a form of expression. It is an art—much like dance or embroidery or singing. Art is a form of therapy and everything we live is art. It is what you make it to be, what you mean it to be. Meaning/ significance is placed upon your life because you breathe into it and call it that. You claim. You claim love, happiness strength, wisdom, power. It is a diary, a "decompartmentalizer" and somehow it manages to organize feeling and thought and your deepest wish’s desires. It’s an untangling of strings of consciousness and subconsciousness and maybe even unconsciousness. It may take many forms: photographs, a single word or a platoon of them, a song, a video. It’s a place for opinion and for the lack of one. It is, to me, a little snippet into your state of being, and living and loving. I may have dips and lags in terms of the frequency in which I blog. But I love my blog. I love it so much that I think about it every single day. I look back on it, it helps me see clearly, the timeline of where I've been. And it reminds me of where I need to be, where I will be in some avenue of the future. It reminds me that I have time to grow, but not enough to live and appreciate what this life has to offer." Aba Bentuma

 

Paulina says: My namesake, photographer Aba Bentuma is one of those innately stylishly people who's many layers are a wonder to behold.

From her own stunning photographs, stuff that catch her eyes, to her insightful words of wisdom -Aba's persona is poetically painted in iconoclastic colours of life, the type that inspires.....

An elegant enigma, Aba's fabulous uber inspirational Tumblr space called Aba Pastiche is a yummy eclectic mix of all things: art, photography, beautiful wax prints, lovely flowers and snippets of Accra, Ghana...-basically a real treat and delight for the senses.

You can check Aba's inspirational Tumblr at: http://abapastiche.tumblr.com/ https://twitter.com/abacursive

Do check out Aba's photography via: https://www.facebook.com/danashumphotography

 

*** All photos come courtesy of Aba Bentuma....

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this feature. It was such a lovely surprise to see this...and now, I too, am addicted to your blog! Keep posting, we're loving you more at Aba Pastiche!

    ReplyDelete