Wednesday 28 May 2014

Rest in Perfect Peace Maya Angelou



 
 
 
Malcolm and Maya Angelou in Accra, Ghana in 1964...
 
 
 

"While the rest of the world has been improving technology, Ghana has been improving the quality of man's humanity to man." - Maya Angelou
 
 


"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." -Maya Angelou

"Years ago I did a movie called Poetic Justice, and there was a young man the first day who cursed so, I couldn’t believe it. I walked around, behind him, tried to ignore him. But the second day, he and another young man, a black man, ran to each other and were about to fight. Hundreds of extras started to run away. But one black man walked up to the two young men, and I walked up, and I took one by his shoulder. I said, ‘Let me speak to you.’ … He finally calmed down, and I said, ‘Do you know how much you are needed? Do you know what you mean to us? Do you know that hundreds of years of struggle have been for you? Please baby, take a minute.’ … I put my arm around him. He started to weep. The tears came down. That was Tupac Shakur. I took him, I walked him down into a little gully and kept his back to the people so they wouldn’t see him, and I used my hands to dry his cheeks". Maya Angelou

 

Kofi and His Magic by Maya Angelou
 
http://ghanarising.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/most-coveted-luxury-gifts-in-world-2011.html)

 

"You may write me down in history with you bitter twisted lies. You may trod me in the very dirt. BUT STILL LIKE DUST I WILL." RISE.MAYA ANGULOU

 
 
"You want me to do something...tell me I can't do it" - Maya Angelou



"I do not trust people who don't love themselves and yet tell me, I love you. There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt." Maya Angelou




"I've been blessed to have Maya Angelou as my mentor, mother/sister, and friend since my 20’s. She was there for me always, guiding me through some of the most important years of my life. The world knows her as a poet but at the heart of her, she was a teacher. ‘When you learn, teach. When you get, give’ is one of my best lessons from her.

She won three Grammys, spoke six languages and was the second poet in history to recite a poem at a presidential inauguration. But what stands out to me most about Maya Angelou is not what she has done or written or spoken, it’s how she lived her life. She moved through the world with unshakeable calm, confidence and a fierce grace. I loved her and I know she loved me. I will profoundly miss her. She will always be the rainbow in my clouds." Oprah Winfrey

 

 

 
"Today we lost a global treasure with the passing of Dr. Maya Angelou. When her friend Nelson Mandela passed away last year, she wrote that "No sun outlasts its sunset, but will rise again, and bring the dawn." US Embassy Ghana
 
 
 
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." Maya Angelou

 

"My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return." Maya Angelou
 
 

"There have only been a handful of people in my life who have moved me, inspired me, encouraged me, and helped mold the man I am today. One of those people would be Dr. Maya Angelou. She was a woman I called "friend".

Her words and her spirit are too powerful to leave this earth with her passing. Her legacy and poems will take wings, forever landing at the foundation of anything that betters humanity. Dr. Maya Angelou will live on in all of us who called her a phenomenal woman, phenomenally.. She is loved and will be missed." Tyler Perry
 


 
"Nothing can dim the light which shines from within." Maya Angelou
 
 
 
Paulina says: I have loved phenomenal woman, American poet and author Maya Angelou --I feel, like everybody else, --until today!!!

When I heard of Maya Angelou's passing --I went into shock, started crying and knew then, ---that I loved her much deeper than I thought, I truly had no idea!!!

My truth ---like Nelson Mandela, I like the world better with Maya Angelou in it. I am heart broken...

Rest in Perfect Peace Maya Angelou -I can't believe you are no longer here but your grace and dignity will live on forever!!! http://mayaangelou.com/
https://www.facebook.com/MayaAngelou

1 comment:

  1. Sugar Mummy is Real!!!
    Do you need Sugar Mummy/Daddy? Hurry up now and contact Mrs Sandra on (08140553826) she just linked/hooked me up with a rich sugar mummy after I have been played/scamed online by some other people all the name of sugar mummy, no much talks hurry up now call her (Mrs. Sandra) on (+2348140553826) and testify/see for your own self don’t waist time, she is genuine, just follow her rules and in 24hours she will link you up! Allah she is nice.

    ReplyDelete